SemanticBits is seeking a talented Software Architect with demonstrated leadership experience to design and build sophisticated IT systems in the healthcare and life sciences domains.
What We Do
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or other related field) and 10 years engineering enterprise applications
- At least 4 years of experience as a lead developer/architect
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals: object-oriented design and programming, data structures, algorithms, databases (SQL and relational design), and networking
- Experience in architecting and designing of enterprise applications including publishing of design artifacts, process flows, and pseudocode
- Extensive knowledge and implementation experience in domain-driven design using GOF OO design patterns
- Solid experience developing full-stack, enterprise applications using agile software development methodologies and test driven development (TDD) methodology
- Demonstrable proficiency with multiple programming languages such as Node.js, Python, Java, C++
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments and scripting (e.g. Bash, C-Shell, etc.)
- Experience in database modeling
- Experience in developing prototypes on new concepts and technology.
- Experience with frameworks such as Express, Flask, and Spring
- Experience with relational databases like Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, and NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB, etc.
- Experience with unit test frameworks like JUnit, HttpUnit, DBUnit, EasyMock, Selenium
- Experience with microservice, REST, and SOA design principles
- Experience with messaging solutions like SQS, Kafka, Rabbit MQ, JMS
- Experience with cloud vendors such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, etc.
- Experience with various data formats such as JSON, YAML, XML, RDF, OWL, CSV, Parquet, Avro, etc.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting using tools like R and Python is a plus
- Provide leadership and serve as a senior development resource for development teams
- Take a lead role in all stages of software development including planning, implementation, testing, documentation and release
- Develop application architecture that supports requirements for system performance, scalability, security, extensibility and manageability
- Define proper architectural approaches for clustering, fault tolerance, transaction processing, state management, caching, queuing, batch, sync/async, etc. to ensure performance, stability and maintainability
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences
- Conceptualize and develop prototypes to test multiple design and architecture concepts using various tools/frameworks to determine the optimal approach.
- Develop and test architecturally significant and complex aspects of the system
- Conduct and lead code review sessions to ensure high quality software
- Establish best practices and ensure that they are followed by the development team
- Proactively learn new technologies, standards and applications; keeping current with technology developments within the industry by continually reviewing literature and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects
- Provide assistance in developing technical proposals in response to federal requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Evangelize and drive technology architecture throughout the company
- Represent SemanticBits with confidence, ability, tact and enthusiasm
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Choice of laptop type (Mac or PC)
- Flexible work hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.