Full-stack Engineer (Angular 2/React, Angular.js, Node.js, AWS)
SemanticBits is looking for a full-stack engineer to help us build modern digital health services. The project involves implementing highly interactive and modern web interfaces with Angular/React that will be used by health care providers across the country. The system is backed by Node.js business services implemented in a microservices paradigm. Some of these services will be exposed for public consumption through API Umbrella. Data will be stored in MongoDB for fast access. The system will support upwards of hundreds of concurrent users. The project will be implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses human-centered design approaches led by a talented Visual Designer to implement highly modern, usable interfaces.
This is a remote position and can be fulfilled from any location. Applicants must have their own computer and reliable Internet access.
- Experience with NoSQL highly desired, experience with MongoDB preferred
- Experience with developing backend microservices using Node.js
- Experience with AWS highly preferred
- Experience developing front-end web user interfaces with Angular is required, React is also acceptable
- Experience with Test-Driven Development using automated testing frameworks such as Mocha, Karma, Jasmine and Protractor
- Experience with DevOps, including Continuous Integration with Jenkins and Continuous Deployment with Puppet and CloudFormation a plus
- Expertise working as part of a dynamic, interactive Agile team developing and delivering digital services
- Ability to work with and coordinate with other developers using digital tools such as Slack and HipChat
- Experience with version control tools, such as Git
- Experience working in Linux
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible work hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and embraces workplace diversity.
Are you interested in working with us? If so, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com with a cover letter that gives us a bit of insight in your background, your professional expertise, and why you would like to join our team.