IT Project Manager/Scrum Master
SemanticBits is looking for a seasoned Scrum Master/Product Manager to manage the design, development and delivery of digital health services using a Scrum-based agile software development methodology. You will be working with an empowered and engaged Product Owner on a mission critical software product. You will be part of a highly talented, dynamic development team that will be using a set of modern technologies (AngularJS, Node.js, RoR, MongoDB, ElasticSearch etc.), human-centered design, and DevOps approaches.
- Manage lightweight, living planning documents, like an Agile Product Roadmap.
- Conduct all Scrum ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives
- Perform continuous and active backlog grooming
- Support all inter- and intra- team communication
- Calculate ongoing team capacity and velocity
- Help Product Owner with prioritization, risk management, and scope
- Lead working session meetings to discuss scope, schedule and requirements with product owners
- Oversee and manage implementation of various agile techniques such as TDD, BDD, Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps
- Manage product quality, releases and delivery
- Work with stakeholders to accurately report progress, risks, successes, and failures
- Maintain a close working relationship with the product owner, scrum team and other stake holders
- Act as a mentor to ensure development teams work toward core the Scrum principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Experience playing the Product Manager/Scrum Master role for at least five (5) years for a software development team.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other agile methodologies like Kanban
- Experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery , Automated Testing
- Expertise with JIRA, Confluence, and the rest of the Atlassian suite and using JIRA's Agile performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of Human Centered Design approach for developing digital services
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM) is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual Working Environment
- Flexible Office Hours
- Unlimited Coffee & Snacks
SemanticBits, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and embraces workplace diversity.